Welcome to the Wanderer's Journal!
Who is the Blogger?
I'm an Indonesian, was born and grew up in a small town, so called 'Parijs van Oost Java', named Malang. I spent almost my whole life in Malang and Surabaya before I pursued my university's final year in Amsterdam. After my student visa in the Netherlands expired and I could not find a job there, in mid of 2007, I finally decided to move and make a living in Singapore.
After working in Singapore for almost four years, I came to a life-turning decision i.e. quit my stable job (read: ditched my grand idea in climbing corporate ladder) in the Merlion City to follow my Malaysian husband in Malaysia. A big transition for me indeed considering that I would be a metropolitan city girl (who worked hard and shop hard) no more and turn myself into a foreign wife (SAHM) staying in a quiet city. Finally, in January 2011, I crammed as much of my life in Singapore as would fit into two 32" luggages and few smaller bags and moved to Malaysia permanently. I spent my first year in Malaysia adjusting to my new life here, i.e. the people, culture, food, languages and so on.
In end of 2011, I was pregnant with my first child. In September 2012, I became a mother to a baby girl and ever since, I felt so euphoric with motherhood. My little tootsie makes my heart swell with intense unconditional love and she has practically transformed me into one contented human being. This is why these days I do write about my parenting journey too. A lot.
In February 2014, I found out that I was pregnant again. Unfortunately, my baby boy was born asleep about two months before his estimated due date. Since his passing, I still think of my son night and day. Dealing with stillbirth knocked me flat and recovering from it emotionally is crazy hard. I am now trying my best to move on and face the world again, for the sake of my daughter, family and myself. Admittedly, it is harder than solving ridiculously most difficult and complex Mathematics questions.
After going through a long emotional recovery post losing my second baby and being incredibly patient, or maybe not really, during our almost a year long TTC journey, we are finally expecting our Rainbow Baby. My husband and I became parents to another child in May 2016.
- Quiet (True in the beginning but totally wrong when I know you better and you know me better)
- Arrogant (Absolutely False judgment! I am just bashful)
- Cool and calm (Outwardly true - Actually I am just a mere panic freak undercover)
- Sharp (True - This trait may hurt you but I just honestly express what I feel)
- Organized (True - I hate messy things in general but I like my cluttered desk when I work)
- Workaholic (True - is it good or bad?)
- Perfectionist (True - how not to become one? I want to know)
- Detail Oriented (True - I may spot things that other people miss)
- Artistic (True - I was always musical when I was younger and hoped to be a child prodigy but never quite happened and enjoy drawings to some extent)
- A true blue Virgo. I analyze. I reason. (True! Now google it!) And one more important thing, I love jokes! Yes, I love good humors!
In late 2008, I was actually inspired by some writer/journalist friends who are also active bloggers for many years. I read their blogs and some other famous personal blogs, then I thought of why not I blog too? I mean everybody has his/her own story. Furthermore, blogging is good platform to record all the beautiful memories in life, even all the small things that may slip away easily if you don't record. So I gave it a shot. Blog is a good writing avenue. And it's fun.
Be my guest.