Banana, Chocolate and Walnuts Combo.
Banana Chocolate Cake
1 stick (225gr) Unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup Brown sugar
3 Large eggs
2 1/4 cups Flour
1/4 cup or 3-4 tbs Cocoa powder
1 tbs Milk powder (optional)
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Salt
1 1/4 cups or 2-3 Ripe bananas, mashed
150ml Evaporated milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Banana essence
50gr Walnuts, chopped (optional)
50gr Cooking chocolate, chopped/grated (optional)
1. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, milk powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. If you are using walnuts and chopped chocolates, coat them in the flour mix too. Set aside.
2. In a different bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy with high-speed electric mixer.
3. Add eggs one at a time into the wet batter and mix well until incorporated.
4. Pour the mashed bananas, vanilla extract and banana essence into the wet batter and mix well with low-speed mixer.
5. Alternately add the flour and evaporated milk to the wet batter until just combined with a spatula.
6. Pour the cake batter in a lined cake tin. If you have extra banana, slice it into two and place them on top of the cake before baking.
7. Bake the cake in a preheated oven (at 170 degree celcius) for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
8. Once done, let the cake cool completely before slicing it.
One more note, I wouldn't decorate the top of the cake with some chopped cooking chocolate before baking because after 40 mins to 1 hour of baking, the chopped chocolate will make the top of the cake looks burnt thus less pretty. I would rather incorporate the chopped chocolate into the cake batter for that extra chocolate kick.