My sister who often makes Teriyaki Chicken at her home suggested me to grill the marinated chicken then only drizzle them with some Teriyaki sauce. I thought grilling the chicken itself is already too time-consuming for me because in principle I can only cook when my kid naps.
With this, I decided to just stir-fry the chicken with some Teriyaki sauce to save the time (and the mess in my kitchen). Here's the recipe that I used yesterday.
My version of Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry.
Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 Chicken breast, cut in strips
- 3-4 tbs Teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbs Light soy sauce
- 1 tbs Shaoxing wine
- Few drops of sesame oil
- 1 tbs Sugar
- 1 tbs Corn starch
- 1/2 Sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, mashed
- Cooking oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Sweet soy sauce, to taste
- In a bowl, dissolve Teriyaki sauce, light soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, sesame oil, sugar and corn starch. Marinate the chicken strips with the sauce mixture for about 15-20 mins.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil and stir fry the garlic and sweet onions slices until fragrant.
- Pour the marinated chicken into the wok and cook well until the chicken loses its pink color.
- Add some water to the chicken in the wok and keep stirring to thicken the sauce.
- Add liberal amount of salt, pepper, sweet soy sauce and/or more Teriyaki sauce until you get the desired taste (it should be tangy, salty and sweet) and the chicken turns brown.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
I love serving my Teriyaki Chicken with some garden salad and you might want to garnish it with some sesame seeds so it looks nicer.