After browsing some palm sugar cake recipes in the internet, I decided to just go ahead with making this palm sugar cake to satisfy my craving.
Simple and easy Palm Sugar Sponge Cake.
Palm Sugar Sponge Cake
- 4 Eggs
- 125-150gr Palm sugar, thinly sliced/grated
- 1 tsp Cake emulsifier
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 100gr Cake flour
- 25gr Corn Starch
- 1 tbs Milk Powder
- 50gr Margarine or unsalted butter, melted
- Mix together and sift cake flour, corn starch and milk powder. Set aside.
- Cream eggs, palm sugar, vanilla essence and emulsifier using high-speed electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture into the cake batter and fold them using a rubber spatula.
- Slowly pour the melted margarine or butter into the cake batter. Mix well.
- Pour the cake batter in a cake pan which is already greased and lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven (180 degree Celsius) for about 25-30 minutes.
This cake is soft and not so sickly sweet. By the way, if you want slightly thin cake result, use a square cake pan (22x22x4cm). If you prefer to have thicker cake result, you might want to consider baking this cake in a loaf pan.