Loving green vegetables.
Rice Porridge with Green Beans, Spinach and Beef
Suitable for babies aged 6 months old ++
- 1/4 cup of (organic) rice, well rinsed
- 8-10 (organic) spinach leaves, cleanly washed
- 2-3 strings (organic) green beans, washed
- 5-6 small chunks of (organic) beef/diced beef, cleanly washed
- Snap the tips of green beans and chop them into small pieces.
- In a pan, pour rice, green bean pieces, spinach leaves and beef chunks together. Add lots of water into the pan and cook the porridge in small-medium fire for about 15 minutes. Occasionally stir the porridge and add more water. Keep cooking this porridge for another 20-30 minutes until congee's consistency is achieved (rice turns soft and breaks down), the green beans become softer and the spinach leaves turn tender and all the vegetables' colour turn brownish green.
- Before serving this congee to baby, take few spoons of the congee (rice, green beans and spinach leaves) and place them in a blender or run them in a strainer.
- Feed the cereal-like rice porridge to baby when it's not too hot.
Soft rice porridge with green beans, spinach and beef.
I don't have any blender at home so I always run the rice porridge in a strainer before feeding it to my baby. I use the beef chunks in cooking the porridge to extract its flavour and nutrients whilst also giving meat aroma to the somewhat plain rice porridge.
Need more nutritional information and recipes in using green beans for baby food? Read more about it here.