Anyhow, although it's pretty smelly when cooked in my baby's rice porridge, I was surprised to learn that my baby apparently had no problem with its smell and still opened her mouth widely whenever I offered her this porridge.
Bro bro bro bro bro bro cco li.
Rice Porridge with Broccoli and Beef
Suitable for babies aged 6 months old ++
- 1/4 cup of (organic) rice, well rinsed
- 3-5 (organic) broccoli florets, soaked with cool water mixed with a bit salt then cleanly washed
- 5-6 small chunks of (organic) beef/diced beef, cleanly washed
- Remove broccoli stems and chops its florets finely.
- In a pan, pour rice, chopped broccoli florets and beef chunks together. Add lots of water into the pan and cook the porridge in small-medium fire for about 15 minutes. Occasionally stir the porridge and add more water. Keep cooking this porridge for another 20-30 minutes until congee's consistency is achieved (rice turns soft and breaks down).
- Before serving this congee to baby, take few spoons of the congee (rice and broccoli) and place them in a blender or run them in a strainer.
- Feed the cereal-like rice porridge to baby when it's not too hot.
Naomi's first soft rice porridge with broccoli and beef.
Need more tips in using broccoli as baby food? Read more about it here. If you are not sure about the range of vegetables that you can begin to introduce to your little foodie, it's worth talking to your paediatrician first.