Suitable for babies aged 6 months old ++
- 1/4 cup of (organic) rice, well rinsed
- 8-10 (organic) spinach leaves, cleanly washed
- 5-6 small chunks of (organic) beef/diced beef, cleanly washed
- In a pan, pour rice, spinach leaves and beef chunks together. Add lots of water into the pan and cook the porridge in small-medium fire for about 15 minutes. Occasionally stir the porridge and add more water. Keep cooking this porridge for another 20-30 minutes until congee's consistency is achieved (rice turns soft and breaks down) and the spinach leaves turn tender and their colour turns brownish green.
- Before serving this congee to baby, take few spoons of the congee (rice and spinach leaves) and place them in a blender or run them in a strainer.
- Feed the cereal-like rice porridge to baby when it's not too hot.
I was a bit busy this morning so my husband helped me feed our baby with this porridge. I was so happy to know that Baby Naomi finished half a small bowl of this porridge.