My husband and I were browsing for some cookies for CNY in local supermarkets last week but we're a bit surprised to find out that a jar of cookies can be quite pricey. My husband suggested that perhaps I should bake a little bit of typical CNY cookies this year. These days, making pineapple tarts seems too troublesome for me to do; so this time around, I decided to make peanut butter cookies.
This afternoon I finally baked some peanut butter cookies for our home and the recipe I used is adapted from Anncoo Journal's Peanut Butter Cookies recipe.
My first attempt in making peanut butter cookies.
Snowy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 200gr Unsalted butter, in room temperature
- 160gr Peanut butter
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 150gr Icing sugar
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 240gr Flour
- 50gr Peanut, chopped and toasted (sangrai)
- Some icing sugar for decoration
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, peanut butter and vanilla extract using low-speed electric mixer until everything is well mixed.
- Gradually add in the beaten eggs into the bowl, in few batches, and keep mixing well.
- Slowly pour the flour and chopped peanut into mixture and fold well using the rubber spatula.
- Mould the cookies dough into desired shape and bake the cookies in a preheated oven (160 degree Celsius) for about 15 minutes.
- Once the cookies are cooled, sift some icing sugar on top of the cookies to create the 'snowy' effect. If you prefer less sweet cookies, you might want to omit this step or reduce the amount of icing sugar for the cookies dough.
- Store the cookies in airtight container to maintain their freshness.